Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-16-2017, 05:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree with your sentiment about Mr. Brown.  I don't need to supply evidence of why I believe that, but that is my opinion. 

As far as Carson being "Top 3" twice in his career goes, yes, he was.  Early in his career here and late in his career at AZ.  Twice, out of 12 seasons.  I won't call him piss poor, but he sure wasn't playing like a #1 overall draft pick toward the end of his time here.  

He has been a starting QB for three teams now, two of which were loaded with talent and he did well in those instances.  He sucked in Oakland.  Couldn't even match what Jason Campbell did there.  So does that make Palmer great?  Had he gone to one of the teams you mentioned that need a QB (Browns, Texans, Jets), he would have likely been killed with no line and sucked there as well.  

Only in Pro Sports are there CONTRACTS, WHICH 99.9% OF THE REST OF THE LEAGUE PLAYS UNDER UNTIL EITHER RELEASED OR THE CONTRACT ENDS.  But not quitter....he had socked away over $100 million from his employer, which gave him the leverage to piss and moan his way out of town.  

BTW, even though he has two of the worst teams in the NFL in his division (Rams and 49ers), he will suck again this year.  

You can get all uppity about the quitting angle, but the guy has made it closer to a super bowl than we've been in almost 30 years and he was in the MVP conversation in 2015.  You act like he's Mark Sanchez, or something.  Either way, it was nice of the Cardinals to drag Palmer that deep in the playoffs, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - Nately120 - 07-19-2017, 04:39 PM