Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-20-2017, 06:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: "...and would rather act like Mike Brown is the type of employer who deserves loyal followers."

"The Bengals are such a crap organization..."

"...working for someone who is incompetent" 

All of these things are your opinion toward the man that suffered as owner through some really bad draft picks that simply didn't pan out or had significant injuries.  Before the rookie wage scale, a series of drafts like Klingler, Ki-Jana, Reinard Wilson, and Akili Smith would set your franchise back a decade...and it did.

Since then, he has brought in the right coaches and the Bengals have also improved their scouting.  They have become somewhat of a "cradle of coaches" as there are now four of the 32 HC positions occupied by recent Bengal assistants (Hue, Gruden, Vance Joseph, and Zimmer) and that doesn't even include Marv.  Obviously, there is something they are doing right in their coaching positions.

As far as loyalty goes, there isn't going to be much in the NFL.  But, I will say that Mike Brown is one of, if not THE, only owners that honors the contracts of their employees.  Yes, he released Rey Maualuga, but he paid Leon Hall $9 million when he could have probably released him and resigned him for less than half of that.  I would think agents would convey this to their athletes, but since many want more contracts instead of just honoring their existing contracts I could be wrong.  But Mr. Brown is incredibly loyal to his players and coaches.  Some would say to his detriment.  So, I guess to answer your question....Yes, I do think he is the type of employer who deserves loyal followers. 

Calling the organization crap and incompetent only means you feel that there are about three or four teams in the NFL that aren't, because the Bengals have one of the best records in the NFL going all the way back to 2004, when Marv started.  I know they haven't won a playoff game, but they have been there seven times in 13 years....a rate of over 50%.  In the past six, they have been there five of them....a rate over 80%.  You can slam them all you want for not winning in the playoffs, but we have all gone round and round about why that happened game by game.  

I have a VERY competitive team that I love watching.  They have been this way pretty much since Marv took over with the exception of a few clunker seasons.  If you are going to call Mr. Brown's organization crap and incompetent for the 90s, you have to at least give them some credit for their performance in the past 13 years.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - SHRacerX - 07-21-2017, 09:36 AM