Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode)
(08-21-2017, 12:06 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Where does this episode rank in the company of other penultimate episodes though? I liked the episode, but can't help but feel like the stakes weren't as high as Blackwater or Battle of the Bastards, much less the Red Wedding or Ned's execution.

Maybe it's that a lot of the characters have plot armor still, but to be a truly great penultimate someone bigger than Thoros had to go. While it's true that the dragons have been around for almost the entire show, I personally feel more invested in Tormund/Jorah level characters. I really though Tormund was done, and that would have been devastating. Or Jorah sacrificing himself to save Dany or something.

I guess another reason that the show had to pick up speed it because the next big deaths are of major characters, and those have to come towards the very end.

I think that there will be a major death in the finale. 82 minute runtime means somewhere around 75 minutes of show. There are films around that length.

Predictions?

more than 1 goes next episode I would think...  they are all going to kings landing after all...  (Cleagane bowl)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game of Thrones Season 7 discussion (spoilers for any aired episode) - XenoMorph - 08-21-2017, 10:19 AM