Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great News! (Bernard ready for camp)
Everyone reacts a bit differently to injuries of various types. 
In the past few years I've hurt myself in the shop, things from knicking a finger with the table saw blade to dropping a sharp chisel between my thumb and finger to whacking my knee with a hatchet. 
I could have laid around hoping it stopped hurting, but I put myself right back to work as soon as I could just to reestablish movement instead of laying about watching the boob tube.. 
Everyone is a bit different. Some people have a very low pain threshold, some high. 
I have a low pain threshold, but a very high tolerance for pain medication which allows me to heal quickly, but then I end up having to struggle constantly with wanting pain meds. I know people who hate pain medication, but would much rather lay around griping about how bad it hurts..
You know..it's not something with a one size fits all remedy. 
For athletes there's a whole different incentive called getting paid millions of dollars vs us mere mortals who might make a few bucks more or may have to find a completely new way to earn a living. 
I can't really judge players dealing with pain. Trauma can really get inside someone's head to make them gunshy the next time around and some people's blood clots quick while others may bleed a long time and be nervous about blood and all that.. 
I've seen big, strong dudes just go down like little girls at the sight of their own blood and other little tiny people who can watch themselves spurt out blood like it's nothing.. Ya just never know..    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Great News! (Bernard ready for camp) - grampahol - 07-29-2017, 07:44 PM