Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Banner" Year
(07-27-2017, 12:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What does that mean?  We lost Whit because he turns 36 during the season and he wanted a three year deal?  And $12 million per year for Zeitler was incredibly stupid.  That was a blatant "eat cap space with a fairly young guy" deal.  There were draft picks that would have significantly outperformed Zeitler for a fraction of the cost.  

And it is easy to talk about him spending more of his cash because his dad made an incredible investment of $20,000 or some that is now worth a billion, but we are asking him to spend his liquid cash on things like an indoor practice facility.  He at least has access to one...The bottom line is that he spend VERY fairly on his players that earn it, and he (unlike virtually every other owner in the NFL) honors their contracts.  It is also very commonly dismissed that he has had one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the league.  He was paying Gruden, Zimmer, and Marv good money to stay on as coaches...even raised Gruden's salary when he was still under contract because he felt he had earned it.  

I love you, man.  Your posts have made me spit so much coffee at the screen that it has a permanent browning tint.  You are the Jedi master of GIFs, but this "Mike Brown doesn't want to win and is cheap" crap just isn't accurate.  Besides, it is mostly Katie, Troy, and Marv running the team.  I just think the guy deserves SOME credit for putting together this roster, for finally reaching in to some of the rich history of this team, and for caring about his players as people and not just a bunch of assets that are only here to make him money.  

My response was not meant as aggressive in nature to MB, I was giving an opinion. I'm not speaking of whit and Zeitler. I am talking of players in the organization through the years who thought they were not serious about winning and wanted out. Those are the players I am referring to. As far as him being cheap, I don't stand alone in this perception. There have been countless threads and opinions regarding this because, well, he has portrayed this in the past. So what I'm saying is I hope he has turned a corner. I'm serious when I say I hope he makes us a powerhouse that wins many championships going forward. Hell, which Bengal fan doesn't want this? Yet its hard to believe in him year after year when we have ML still hanging around after all his failures. He has always seemed to me to lack the desire, or has let personal feelings override right decisions which needed to be met.

My mind wants to get so excited about this team and embrace it with 100% devotion and commitment of my belief's they are going to do great things this year and win it all. Then my heart says, "Whoa, we've been here before." So, my opinion on Mike is not one which gives me much trust in his words. I feel it's time to be a man of action and not a man of words. Start showing a sense of urgency. Just my opinion.

P.S. I love you too man! Wub

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"Banner" Year - SHRacerX - 07-26-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - grampahol - 07-26-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - sandwedge - 07-26-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - XenoMorph - 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM