Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Need tech advice..
(08-03-2017, 02:27 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I remember in the old days when Microsoft developed nothing but an OS for a computer, like Windows 7 as the latest one! Windows 10 sucks though, I absolutely hate it because of all the stupid Cortana & apps they force on it. **** them, this is my PC, not a effing phone.

Now to the op. I dont use the product, but after looking thru the link above and a few other things after googling "windows mobile device center Windows 10 Creator Update", the main way to fix it for a lot of folks is through the registry. https://www.handheldgroup.com/support-rugged-computers/knowledgebase-KB/22996/  is one of them I read on what to change which is the exact same as in the link Au gave above. So I have to assume that is the issue as it is also on other web page fixes for it. Or at least it would be the one I would try first.

If you are not familiar with regedit, or tweaking registry values, either take a nice long crash course in learning how to do so, or find someone you know that can walk you through it. It really isnt hard to do, but you just have to make sure you know you are changing or adding the values in the correct part of the registry. Myself for something like those, I would copy (ctrl+c), and paste (ctrl+v) those registry lines where they are supposed to go.

Now all that said, if you feel uncomfortable tweaking the registry, try the other suggestive fixes like 'local administrator' stuff being checked or re-installing it, etc. first. Then go from there.

The link I had gave the exact line to put into the command prompt with a decent explanation a post or two later on how to bring up the command prompt if you don't know how. As said here though, make sure it is entered in EXACTLY as stated.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Help! Need tech advice.. - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Au165 - 08-03-2017, 01:25 AM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Millhouse - 08-03-2017, 02:27 AM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Au165 - 08-03-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Au165 - 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Au165 - 08-03-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Millhouse - 08-04-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: Help! Need tech advice.. - Tiger Teeth - 08-03-2017, 05:41 PM