Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before all the prospect hype really starts
Name the nfl draft prospect you would most like to see on the bengals next year. Before I name my player I'll present a few assumptions on this year.

1. Bengals resign burfict. This would allow them to bypass lb in the first round unless that's the clear bpa.

2. The tackles show improvement this year and pass as at least average and room to get better. If not they may be forced to go ot in 1.

3. I'm not sure there is a round one te yet. If eifert is hurt or not resigned mark Andrews looks tempting, among others.

Even though I think our defense plays better this year and is full of good, young players, you can never have enough playmakers. I'm leaning towards pass rusher or db.

My pick would be Derwin James, safety from fsu. 6'3" size speed freak. Could be used in all sorts of ways. Covering te's, playing center field or playing in the box on running downs.

Who got?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey if Ogbuehi sucks (again) and the Bengals get a top 10 pick.
Connor Williams if one of the OTs sucks (again) and end up with a pick in the teens.
Martinas Rankin if one of the OTs sucks (again) yet the Bengals somehow end up with a winning record despite that.
Malik Jefferson if no need for an OT, as we know the Bengals likely won't take interior OL with their first rounder again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 09:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Name the nfl draft prospect you would most like to see on the bengals next year.  Before I name my player I'll present a few assumptions on this year.

1.  Bengals resign burfict.  This would allow them to bypass lb in the first round unless that's the clear bpa.

2.  The tackles show improvement this year and pass as at least average and room to get better.  If not they may be forced to go ot in 1.

3.  I'm not sure there is a round one te yet.  If eifert is hurt or not resigned mark Andrews looks tempting, among others.

Even though I think our defense plays better this year and is full of good, young players, you can never have enough playmakers.  I'm leaning towards pass rusher or db.

My pick would be Derwin James, safety from fsu.  6'3" size speed freak.  Could be used in all sorts of ways.  Covering te's, playing center field or playing in the box on running downs.  

Who got?

Probable Top 5 pick if he's healthy, so we are really going to have to suck this year to get him.

That being said, I see a pick in the 17-22 range.  IF thats the case, Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame followed by a Center in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 04:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Probable Top 5 pick if he's healthy, so we are really going to have to suck this year to get him.

That being said, I see a pick in the 17-22 range.  IF thats the case, Quentin Nelson, OG, Notre Dame followed by a Center in round 2.

It's not about the record or the player ranking. Just the guy who you'd pick if had your choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2017, 09:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Name the nfl draft prospect you would most like to see on the bengals next year. Before I name my player I'll present a few assumptions on this year.

1. Bengals resign burfict. This would allow them to bypass lb in the first round unless that's the clear bpa.

2. The tackles show improvement this year and pass as at least average and room to get better. If not they may be forced to go ot in 1.

3. I'm not sure there is a round one te yet. If eifert is hurt or not resigned mark Andrews looks tempting, among others.

Even though I think our defense plays better this year and is full of good, young players, you can never have enough playmakers. I'm leaning towards pass rusher or db.

My pick would be Derwin James, safety from fsu. 6'3" size speed freak. Could be used in all sorts of ways. Covering te's, playing center field or playing in the box on running downs.

Who got?
If I had my choice, Derwin James or minkaj fitzpatrick. Both freaks. But we're not giving up on our oline we all know this so that's out the window. I don't see many holes outside of safety on our roster. Btw, wee need to sign minter as well to not go lb.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 02:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If I had my choice, Derwin James or minkaj fitzpatrick. Both freaks. But we're not giving up on our oline we all know this so that's out the window. I don't see many holes outside of safety on our roster. Btw, wee need to sign minter as well to not go lb.

Why do you keep saying that we aren't giving up on our offensive line?  If they play that poorly again, they will draft O-line without even batting an eye.

Keep in mind that they benched Ced last year.  So, you know that the leash isn't very long with him.  The only guy whose job is 100% safe for next year is Boling.  All of the other guys are up in the air:

Fisher - on a cheap deal
Ced - on a cheap deal
Bodine - Free agent
Hopkins/Smith - Cheap deals and potential free agents

Explain to me again why we wouldn't look to upgrade the weakest spots on the team?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2017, 01:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why do you keep saying that we aren't giving up on our offensive line?  If they play that poorly again, they will draft O-line without even batting an eye.

Keep in mind that they benched Ced last year.  So, you know that the leash isn't very long with him.  The only guy whose job is 100% safe for next year is Boling.  All of the other guys are up in the air:

Fisher - on a cheap deal
Ced - on a cheap deal
Bodine - Free agent
Hopkins/Smith - Cheap deals and potential free agents

Explain to me again why we wouldn't look to upgrade the weakest spots on the team?
They will not. We don't give up on high draft picks. Ogbuehi if he plays even worse than last year will. Be starter next year. Same with fisher. They had plenty of chances to get oline this year but didn't. They like their oline.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 06:04 AM)Jpoore Wrote: They will not. We don't give up on high draft picks. Ogbuehi if he plays even worse than last year will. Be starter next year. Same with fisher. They had plenty of chances to get oline this year but didn't. They like their oline.

If there's just one word to describe the Bengals' approach to the OL, it's "stubborn".
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 06:04 AM)Jpoore Wrote: They will not. We don't give up on high draft picks. Ogbuehi if he plays even worse than last year will. Be starter next year. Same with fisher. They had plenty of chances to get oline this year but didn't. They like their oline.

Don't give up on high draft picks?  Probably beause they haven't really had to.  When was the last time that they had a bust in the top few rounds?

And, really, no team generally gives up on high draft picks without giving them a chance to fully play.  That will happen this year.  
Reply/Quote