Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telling quote from Carson Palmer
(07-29-2015, 12:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your stupid line of "I realize it requires more thought" is insulting.  You can excuse away his actions by saying that others also threatened (but did not act), or that he was dealing with such a horrible environment that he would rather sit (quit) than play for this team is nothing but that, excuses.  Not one other player on the team took his stance, and they all play for the same coach and owner.  Saying that calling him a quitter takes less thought than your excuse making is not accurate.  It may be simple, but it is factual...HE QUIT WHILE UNDER CONTRACT. 

Amazingly, a great deal of the media (ESPN) chose to portray Palmer as the victim.  "It's the Bengals", etc.  I will never accept his actions as anything but cowardly.   If you want to see what a real man, a leader, does in such situations look no further than Kurt Warner.  The Rams and Cardinals were just as big a joke, if not bigger, than the Bengals for some time.  He can in, worked with his team, and took them each to a Super Bowl....and won one of them.

I'm sure there were things Warner didn't like about those franchises.  In fact, I remember seeing a pretty demonstrative spat with Todd Haley in one game, but he never quit.  He won. 

Again, you simply choose to see this situation as being as simplistic and insulting as you wish.  I pointed out that Marvin Lewis took Carson's stance and yet you seem to think saying that no one else involved with the Bengals taking his stance is somehow believable and legitimate.  You simply don't want to look beyond the simplistic idea that Carson quit because Carson is a quitter and quitting is what quitters do.

You bring up Kurt Warner, and Drew Brees, and Peyton Manning and amazingly fail to realize that all 3 are QBs who were in situations and on teams where the ownership met them halfway and released them from their duties in order to promote situations that ended up being best for them AND the player(s).  Why even bother bringing up outside agencies since we are talking about the Bengals?

Wyche left on bad terms, Esiason left on bad terms, Dillion left on bad terms, Palmer left on bad terms, Chad left on bad terms, Marvin ALMOST left on bad terms, Jonathan Joseph left on bad terms, and I am sure a lot of no-name players who didn't have the clout to rock the boat had issues with the franchise and when someone asks Mike Brown why he doesn't just put a statue of Ken Anderson in front of the stadium gate he says "Ida know, maybe when I die someone else will do it."

Yeah, can't imagine why someone would look at Carson's situation and dare to consider anything other than him being a perpetual quitter. Rolleyes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Pat5775 - 07-28-2015, 04:37 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - McC - 07-28-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - 3wt - 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
RE: Telling quote from Carson Palmer - Nately120 - 07-29-2015, 01:05 PM