Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Commish: ‘Fans should be OK with anthem protest.
(08-18-2017, 03:45 PM)BMK Wrote: I see a lot of hypocrisy with this issue.  As a season ticket holder, I go to a minimum of 6 games a season, and also go to at least 1 away game (Pit) and many times two (If the schedule cooperates, a guys weekend to a warm-weather game in December).

The scene is always the same.....  The National Anthem begins...all the people around the stadium stand but MANY pay little attention. They're talking, laughing, sipping their beers, eating their nachos, high fiving their friends that just got to their seats, talking on their phones, texting, taking pictures, hats still on (worn backwards of course), and of course the age old tradition of clapping-talking-screaming 'Who Deeeey"! (or waving towels or whatever)-and sitting down-before the anthem has ended.

This scene plays out in every stadium I've been to.  I'm going to say that more people stand respectfully than don't, but there are a whole lot that don't. I'm sure that many of those  people are the same ones blasting the players for  not respecting the Anthem. Hypocrites, all of them.

Well if I knew the Joe Average that knowingly ignored the anthem, I'd rip him too. Although I think the issue is far deeper than just disrespecting the anthem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Commish: ‘Fans should be OK with anthem protest. - Shake n Blake - 08-18-2017, 06:09 PM