Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Worried. It's Finally The Bengals Year!!!
(09-09-2017, 01:43 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're reading too much into what I'm saying (once again).  I'm not trying to "turn the tables" or even say that you support a rapist.  I'm saying that if he's truly the rapist you think he is, then you're supporting an organization that supports a rapist (the NFL), and that makes you just about as hypocritical as the rest of us.  Not worse, maybe not even as bad, but certainly hypocritical.  

Because surely you're not so naïve to think that the NFL wouldn't have a vested interest in making sure a guilty Ben wasn't prosecuted.  Right?

You are absolutely certain that Ben did it and you morally castigate anyone who either denies it or is indifferent to the issue by continuing to root for the Steelers.  But the league is demonstrating exactly that same denial and/or indifference by allowing Ben to continue to play and make millions.  And that's the best-case scenario.  The worst case scenario is that they actually influenced the legal system to let him walk.  If we're terrible people for not agreeing with you on this, isn't the League just as bad?  And wouldn't it be logically consistent for you to stop following the NFL out of protest against this injustice that you are so certain of?  Yet, you continue to be an NFL fan just like we continue to be Steeler fans.

The NFL couldn't do anything because Ben had his bodyguards block the door and while he raped her, and she didn't press charges because she knew he'd get off light, which would be  like getting raped all over again, so she just took it to civil court, where she won.

I support the NFL, the NFL doesn't support Ben but it has no choice other than to let him play.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Worried. It's Finally The Bengals Year!!! - BFritz21 - 09-09-2017, 06:34 PM