Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Worried. It's Finally The Bengals Year!!!
(09-09-2017, 06:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL couldn't do anything because Ben had his bodyguards block the door and while he raped her, and she didn't press charges because she knew he'd get off light, which would be  like getting raped all over again, so she just took it to civil court, where she won.

I support the NFL, the NFL doesn't support Ben but it has no choice other than to let him play.

They most certainly do have a choice.  The NFL has a long history of punishing players without convictions, and their current policy is open-ended enough to allow for a lot of inconsistency when doing so.  In fact, didn't they just expand the Giants' kicker's suspension as a result of their own investigation (separate from any law proceedings)? Oh, they would be more than capable of banning Ben for life if they truly believed he was guilty of rape (that is, if they cared enough about justice to do so).  But the fact that they haven't is an indication that they either deny or are indifferent to Ben's guilt.

Thus, you support a league that does not support your assessment of the situation.

But, since they're not the Steelers (and since their denial of Ben's guilt actually effects you), I totally understand why you have no problem with that.

And by the way, Captain Obvious is correct - there was no civil suit in the Georgia case.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm Worried. It's Finally The Bengals Year!!! - JS-Steelerfan - 09-09-2017, 07:24 PM