Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
(08-30-2017, 07:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Should be reduced to just a fine but I can't be too upset. Getting it reduced at all really surprises me.

It's not just you, many saying about the same thing on here.  The NFL this year is going to go hard on cheap hits and unsportsman like conduct, and everybody was told this.  We can cry about NFL picking on our poor Bengals, but it was a cheap hit on a defenseless player no where near the ball 30 yards down field from Burfict.  Plays like this and Hines Ward hitting Rivers nowhere near the ball and breaking his jaw is the garbage NFL needs to get out of the game.  If that means Burfict and others can't get with the program, I guess they aren't going to play much but they sure are going to lose pay much.  Now some will come on here talking pump fakes and such, but the ball was way down field in the air when Burfict clobbered a back around 5 yards past line of scrimmage slowing up on his route.  People better get use to it. It's not touch football out there, but the NFL is trying to clean up the game and cut down on injuries.  The days of Hines Ward cheap shots to a player not near the ball are over.  Now, if the ball had been thrown to the back and Burfict nailed him, OK.  Problem was ball was way down field, Burfict not going for the ball or a tackle, just a cheap hit. If he doesn't get with the NFL rules he isn't going to be playing much. Just the way it is per NFL.  Look, NFL is trying not to get law suits by every player, agent, doctor and lawyer, so they said they are coming down hard on this stuff.  The NFL told everybody.  Teams and players are going to find out the NFL means it this year.  There was a preseason game 2 players fighting, both kicked out of the game. Not warned but kicked out. That is the new NFL and they told every team, this is no surprise. Players get with the program or they get tossed out of games. Look for players to get tossed out of games first few weeks as players think NFL is kidding, and a large money fine larger than ever before. The owners and coaches may want to read the new rule book.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced - kevin - 08-30-2017, 11:31 PM