Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
(08-31-2017, 11:38 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You are correct! Shawn Merriman said Runyan was the dirtiest player he ever faced back in 2007-2008!  After reading what Runyan said, he didn't even look at the video and his mind was already made up. It's almost reverse from they way it should be, you are guilty until proven innocent. He based everything on Tez's past. I've had maybe 3 or 4 speeding tickets in my life and if I wreck my truck, I suppose I had it coming......

From wiki...

Quote:In a Sports Illustrated magazine in October 2006, Runyan was ranked second on a list of the Dirtiest Players in the NFL.[12] Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman stated that Runyan "was one of the dirtiest players I've ever been against in my whole entire life. He was real good at being dirty".[13] Runyan did not deny the charges, criticizing the current game instead: "That's the way the game's supposed to be played. I think they’ve tried to change that over the years. It's turned into a basketball game out there."

This man is responisble for this quote:

Quote:"This is not your first offense with respect to illegal hits to defenseless players; to the contrary, this incident is consistent with your pattern of egregious safety-related violations including your hit on a defenseless player during the 2015 Wild Card game and your hit against a Baltimore tight end away from the play on January 3, 2016 ... When players violate the rules intended to protect player safety on a repeated basis, and particularly when the violations carry with them a significant risk of injury to an opposing player ... you must be held accountable for this continuing unacceptable conduct."

That's rich. I'm now waiting for James Harrison and Hines Ward (neither were ever suspended despite multiple dirty hits) to chime in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced - Shake n Blake - 08-31-2017, 11:53 AM