Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
About to head to Indy so this is all I could get to as a reply. Thanks for reading/sharing all!

@phil413 – re: repeat offender/shouldn’t be an issue.
Well, it is until you’re off the repeat offender list. A suspension doesn’t clear you – time does. I heard it takes a full season (16 games) without incident, to get off that list and start from scratch. He had not played a full 16 games since the Brown suspension.

@CKwi88 – Re: unnecessary hit
I think it was, too. I may not think it violated the letter of the law re: defenseless, but it wasn’t necessary.

@Luvnit2 – Re: old hits i.e. Keith Rivers i.e. Kevin Huber
The game has changed since then. It’s literally impossible to reference past plays. Even hits from 2016 are now illegal.

@NatiBengals – re: only LB suspended
GREAT question. Supposedly these new rules re: Defenseless is supposed to result in a suspension.

@Nebuchadnezzar – re: tackle
Technically, not a tackle. The ball did not come to that player nor did he possess it.

@EatonFan – re: Shazier hit on Gio
It was a legal hit per the NFL rules that year. They changed that rule the following offseason, so it is no longer legal.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced - jowczarski - 08-31-2017, 01:55 PM