Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced
(08-31-2017, 08:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: In fairness, the Ravens (Ray Rice), Steelers (Martavis Bryant) and Browns (Josh Gordon) all had players suspended for entire seasons or more during that time frame. Seeing how the list is organized by number of games suspended, this would skew things quite a bit. Only the top 10 teams (by games lost to suspension) were listed, so it's possible the Bengals have as many or more suspensions, but not for as many games.

It's also worth noting that Burfict is being suspended repeatedly for on-field conduct. Let me know how many Ravens, Steelers or Browns have been suspended for hits. I'm guessing 0 and I'm also guessing that none were publicly vilified.

Yeah the stats about suspensions are really misleading when you consider that most suspensions come from off-field conduct like beating your wife, or drugs or rape, or assault....which is interesting that none of those guys (except Pacman) has ever been turned into the villain that Burfict has been turned into. Ray Rice got suspended and then after a little time people were ready to give him another chance. Mike Vick went to jail, and still came back to the league. People feel sorry for Josh Gordon and his drug problem...yet the guy who helps kids and is not any trouble off the field is viewed as the worst of the bunch.....because, he hits too hard and is too aggressive in a violent damn sport. That's like suspending a NASCAR driver for going to fast on the track (not pit road literally on the track). 

This is a witch hunt, pure and simple. If it wasn't guys like Mike Mitchel and Ryan Shazier would be up there next to him with fines and suspensions. Compare anything Burfict has done to the absolute cheap shot intent to injury hit the OBJ placed on Josh Norman, when he ran in and speared him in the jaw for no reason. That was handled, and swept away. Major market, big name talent.....make it go away. But that hit was more dangerous then anything Burfict has ever done.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: BREAKING: Burfict suspension reduced - Murdock2420 - 08-31-2017, 11:38 PM