Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical Warning from bfine
(09-14-2017, 02:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, we gotta look after ourselves. I never smoked (tobacco) a day in my life; however, it was the first question every Dr. asked. I did dip for about 20 years, but I quit that 7 years ago. I also exercise regularly.

The say some folks are just plac producers and apparently I am one. I also took a NSAID (Voltaren) everyday from for foot pain; they say that may have caused it; perhaps I should contact Fred and see if I have a case. j/k.

Oh yeah...always the smoking...lol.  Interesting note...my brother had one at 48 (he's 10 years older), found out he was diabetic too...then had another minor one at 50.  He dipped a lot for many years. I wonder if there is a connection?  He never smoked either. Of course, he is a lot more stubborn than me....so I wonder if he was taking meds as directed...etc. I know he was always bitching about the medications and wondering if they were even working. I can tell you this:  NEVER skip a dose of Plavix.

I think with us...it had a lot to do with the unchecked diabetes, although he had another rather quickly. My pipes still look good as of a year and a half ago when I had an exploratory cath. My grandmother was also a chain smoker until her heart attack.  So it's hard telling if we're plaque producers or not. 

You may need to seek counsel on that NSAID. Wink

(09-14-2017, 03:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Glad you're OK Bfine.

I had a similar experience about 3 years ago when I was 44. I had been having chest pains and a rapid heartbeat on and off for a couple of days, and then during the night it got really bad. My old lady kept on me until I finally went to the ER. My troponin levels showed signs of a heart attack/heart damage, so they did a heart cath.  I ended up getting 4 stents and having to be put on a bunch of meds. I have stopped smoking and eat a lot better, but I still drink and have no plans on giving that up any time soon.  Smirk

Take care of yourself brother!

Wow dude! I had no idea. I am the same as you. I eat a SHIT TON better...I only smoke the occasional cigar when I drink. I told them all....if I had to totally stop drinking...just dig the hole...lol. Of course....once or twice a month is a far cry from daily too.

(09-14-2017, 03:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No, not yet.  I was getting ready to, but I told her I didn't feel right, and she took my blood pressure before I started.  I've been drinking straight rum chased with Diet Coke every night, for well over a year.  And I drink (drank) a lot, too.  I rationalized that it was lowering my blood sugar, so it was okay.  Now I have to admit to myself that I have a drinking problem, and deal with that.

I knew what you were drinking. I tried gin and diet tonic water this summer, and love it.  No carbs. 

I wish you well as you deal with that brother. I know you don't necessarily believe in em...but I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you embark on your journey.  Y'all too b and holic. We can't be losing good members of this community.  Take care of yourselves guys. Peace.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Medical Warning from bfine - bfine32 - 09-14-2017, 10:48 AM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - jason - 09-14-2017, 10:59 AM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - bfine32 - 09-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Medical Warning from bfine - BenZoo2 - 09-14-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - HarleyDog - 09-14-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - bfine32 - 09-14-2017, 02:49 PM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - bfine32 - 09-14-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: Medical Warning from bfine - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-14-2017, 06:16 PM