Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding?
(09-17-2017, 12:06 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: All these losses were not critical.  I am glad some of them were not brought back.
Jones.  It was rumored the bengals matched.  He chose to leave.
Sanu.  Overpaid gadget player.  Hasn't set Atlanta on fire.
Nelson.  Was still playing well.  Was still looking for a big contract.  We had resigned Iloka and Williams.    I don't have a problem with the decision.
Whitworth.  I would have tagged him for this year.  I think Mikey wasn't going to stand in his way of that contract.  It seems most on year didn't want whit resigned at that deal.
Zeitler was payed like the greatest guard ever.  He's not.  He went to a bad team with lots of cap space who overpayed to get him.
Peko was slow and getting almost no interior pressure.  Lots on here wanted him gone.
Rey. See Peko above, coverage liability.
Leon hall, meh.  Was a great player for us.  Age and injuries caught up.  No real loss IMHO 
Dansby.  Was a great player.  Wish we had him earlier.  Seemed a step slow last year.
Lamur.  Was this really a big loss?

Andre smith.  Didn't a lot of folks around here want him gone?  Didn't want him resigned?
Burkhead.  I like him.  Not for 3.5 mil.  Not with Gio here.

Signing only bargain bin outside free agents is an issue.  Scouting, developing and coaching seems to be an issue in some areas.  Looking at you paulie.  Head coaching, pfft.  Not to mention the brain drain we've had with coordinators.

The problems are at the uppermost levels of the organization.

Another thing that Bengals fans do is look at what a guy got paid in free agency and if they got paid more than fans think they should have...assume that the loss wouldn't hurt us.

The salary cap rises by about $10 million a season. That means an $8 million contract in 2012 is about the same as a $12 million contract now.

Would you have paid Zeitler $8 million a year in 2012?

You can have your cap space...but the losses of Zeitler, Whitworth, Nelson, etc definitely hurt the team. Now we're probably a 4 win team.

This team hasn't won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding? - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2017, 02:55 PM