Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding?
(09-17-2017, 02:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Another thing that Bengals fans do is look at what a guy got paid in free agency and if they got paid more than fans think they should have...assume that the loss wouldn't hurt us.

The salary cap rises by about $10 million a season. That means an $8 million contract in 2012 is about the same as a $12 million contract now.

Would you have paid Zeitler $8 million a year in 2012?

You can have your cap space...but the losses of Zeitler, Whitworth, Nelson, etc definitely hurt the team. Now we're probably a 4 win team.

This team hasn't won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.

You have to look at what players who leave in free agency get paid. How can you not?  Burkhead didn't project as a bell cow type back in the nfl.  We already extended Gio.  Go look at what all those players signed for.  Factor in the players we want to extend like burfict and eifert.  Where does all this cap space come from?

And I don't want cap space, I want it used to its fullest potential.  If we resigned whit, Zeitler and Nelson then you're griping about other guys we can't resign.  When Nelson and whit fall off due to age then we'd be screwed.  They need to scout and development better.

I am well aware of the playoff record under Mikey.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding? - BenZoo2 - 09-17-2017, 05:44 PM