Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding?
(09-17-2017, 05:44 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You have to look at what players who leave in free agency get paid. How can you not?  Burkhead didn't project as a bell cow type back in the nfl.  We already extended Gio.  Go look at what all those players signed for.  Factor in the players we want to extend like burfict and eifert.  Where does all this cap space come from?

And I don't want cap space, I want it used to its fullest potential.  If we resigned whit, Zeitler and Nelson then you're griping about other guys we can't resign.  When Nelson and whit fall off due to age then we'd be screwed.  They need to scout and development better.

I am well aware of the playoff record under Mikey.  

Just because a guy gets paid a lot in free agency doesn't mean him leaving will improve the team. Like we had a bad line and lost our 2 best players and people seemed to think it would improve because they thought the guys got overpaid.

The Bengals will not reinvest the savings in upgrading those positions. They bank it.

The NFL is not a sport where you can be cheap and win. It just isn't. The Steelers and Patriots won a lot of Super Bowls...and neither are cheap.

Many of the teams are owned by millionaires and billionaires that just want to win championships for a feather in their cap. They made their money in other ventures. The Bengals are ran as a family business that is the sole source of income for the family. That's a huge difference.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding? - THE PISTONS - 09-17-2017, 06:54 PM