Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding?
(09-17-2017, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just because a guy gets paid a lot in free agency doesn't mean him leaving will improve the team. Like we had a bad line and lost our 2 best players and people seemed to think it would improve because they thought the guys got overpaid.

The Bengals will not reinvest the savings in upgrading those positions. They bank it.

The NFL is not a sport where you can be cheap and win. It just isn't. The Steelers and Patriots won a lot of Super Bowls...and neither are cheap.

Many of the teams are owned by millionaires and billionaires that just want to win championships for a feather in their cap. They made their money in other ventures. The Bengals are ran as a family business that is the sole source of income for the family. That's a huge difference.

I'm not sure if these are points you are trying to make or if you're putting words in my mouth.  So I'll try and be clear here.

I never said anything about how much a guy's gets paid to leave the team improves our team.  Your post made it seem like the bengals let go of 12 all pros.  They didn't.  I don't think Zeitler was worth the money.  Maybe you do.  They could have gone for someone like Ronald leary or someone similar. 

My biggest gripe about the bengals since I've been on these boards has been cheapness.  In free agency, in scouting, coaching, whatever. 

I never said anything about being cheap and winning.  No need to lecture me on how the nfl works, I think I get it.

I have made that last point dozens of times about the Browns family business being football and not a hobby for them.

We are actually, for the most part, on the same page.  I just didn't totally buy in on your list of players.  They're bigger issues in this organization than some of those guys. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding? - BenZoo2 - 09-17-2017, 07:34 PM