Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Last playoff win, where was everyone?
The day of the last super bowl game we were in I had to kill a family pet, a cat who had lost its tail to a dog (we think) and it became horribly infected so I found the cat in the basement weezing for breath on its last legs (or tail depending on how you look at it).. I decided to put the damned thing out of its misery and the killing process took just too long so by the time everything was over with and I branded myself a cat murderer I had to go pretend to be in the mood for a football game with my friends at the time.. I'm sitting there at opening kick off with near tears in my eyes trying to think about what to say to the wife and kids..and then they lost.. What a shitty day..  
At least someone had the foresight to bring plenty of hard liquor so by the end of the day I'd completely forgotten about the cat and the Bengals. ..or the fact that I had a wife and kids at the time..
It turned out pretty good after all..lol
My kids are both in their 30s and one step daughter had already made me a step grampa and now I'm a step great grandpa and probably not that far from being a step great great grampa..  Yes, that's a technical term..lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last playoff win, where was everyone? - grampahol - 09-17-2017, 10:24 AM