Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday
(09-18-2017, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree good is much better than the crap we have, the issue I would have had would be giving a raise and 2 year deal and then watch the guy decline. I know we stink, but if the FO makes a bunch of bad deals, some may not believe it, but we may be back to 2 and 3 win seasons again.

Look at his contract. If he plays well the Rams got a bargain. If he sucks, the Rams can cut him with only $6 million in dead cap money or $3 million for the next two seasons. Whit will be paid less salary this season and next season than the Bengals offered to play one season and if he is cut he will only receive about $2.5 million more than the Bengals offered him. So basically the Bengals didn't re-sign him over a difference of $2.5 million while they currently sit on $12 million in salary cap space. It was stupid not to do that deal and bet Ogbuehi would inexplicably get better from what we saw last season in the span of one off season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-18-2017, 03:02 PM