Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday
(09-19-2017, 11:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: $6 mil is a lot of dead money.  Guys like Minter, Bolling, and LaFell all make less than $6 mil a year.  The Rams have the 16th most dead money with $5.71 mil this year.  A $6 mil cap hit alone would be more than half the teams in the league, and a quarter of the league has under $3 mil in dead money.  $6 mil on one contract is a lot of dead money.  The median salary for a starting G is $3 mil a year.  Just because Andre Smith is overpaid for a guy who couldn't win a starting job doesn't mean $3 mil is a trivial amount of cap space.  You can find plenty of solid contributors making that much or less.  Plus, that $3 mil can be the difference between keeping/signing a player or losing them.

And prorated it's $3 million a year = 1 fat ass, oft injured Andre Smith past his prime retread. Plus the salary cap went up $12 million this season just like it does every year. So $3 million of $167 million isn't a lot.

Quote:Seriously, your logic is basically akin to buying a car worth $15k for $20k, then saying it's a great deal because you got a lower monthly payment by stretching out the financing an extra year.  I really hope some people on here don't manage their own finances the same way they think the Bengals should manage theirs.  

That's not my logic at all. My logic is I'd rather have Whitworth and Ogbuehi than Ogbuehi and Andre Smith. Why? Because Whitworth is better than both of them, he would have fit under the cap, and if his play suddenly was as bad as Ogbuehi, they could cut him and the only thing the team would miss out on would be signing a shitty free agent like Andre Smith.

I'm not going to hazard a guess as to your logic bacause I don't really care.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone notice whit's poor play yesterday - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-20-2017, 01:27 AM