Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Scientist: Football and CTE Are NOT Linked
One thing that IS absolutely true of the media, if it bleeds it leads. Journalism has always attracted a certain amount of sensationalism. That's to be expected as they have to compete for eyeballs just like the NFL. 
When I see stories claiming that fentynol is 1000 times stronger than heroin I have to laugh. It's not that people don't overdose, they do, but not everyone does. 
I was once a heroin addict and have been around people overdosing and have revived several people myself so I do know a bit of what I'm talking about. 
On the flip side my 88 year old father has used fentynol patches now for several years for severe spinal stenosis. He's still alive and has never overdosed. I change his fentynol patches for him every 3 days and if it were true that it's 1000 times stronger than heroin I would die every time I touch one of his patches. Obviously neither of us are dead yet. 
This doesn't stop certain members of the media circus from making the outrageous claims because they want headlines at just about any cost even exaggerating to the point of scaring my dad into sometimes wanting to risk severe pain and withdrawal from his pain medication. 
The CTE issue is pretty much the same nonsense to scare us all to believe WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! 
Well of course we're all gonna die, but not right now. 
I'd estimate that a good 90% of everyone who is reading post right now has at some point in time played football and I'd estimate that 100% of you are still alive as of right now. And yes, you're all going to die, but not right now. My dad played football with a leather helmet. He's 88 now soon to be 89.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brain Scientist: Football and CTE Are NOT Linked - grampahol - 09-23-2017, 12:57 PM