Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brain Scientist: Football and CTE Are NOT Linked
It's a bit like saying there's no link between getting your fingers cut off and table saws because you can get your fingers cut off plenty of other ways. Sharp or even dull knives, hatchets, chain saws, big mean dogs and so on.
It's kind of like guns don't kill people, people kill people..Well duh..
Football is only one of many many different ways to get a concussion .. Car wrecks, boxing, falling down steps and so on .
Unfortunately many people are pretty intellectually lazy and draw on only one very small sample size to draw huge conclusions and the media will latch on to anything to sell ads and sensationalize something to try to convince you that one very small aspect of just about anything IS GOING TO KILL YOU.. Drinking water can be deadly..if you drink ,oh, let's say 100 gallons a day..
Don't forget, dihydrogen monoxide kills millions of people every year so it should be banned! And while we're at it, ban hydric acid! The stuff is just too dangerous.
Why, I bet your kids are dropping hydric acid without even telling you. That's the latest fad you know.. Teenagers daring each other to try hydric acid and god only knows where that might lead them!
And don't overlook oxidane and the ever dangerous 7732-18-5. Step in a puddle of 7732-18-5 and your socks may end up rotting..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brain Scientist: Football and CTE Are NOT Linked - grampahol - 01-22-2018, 01:30 PM