Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 2003, Bengals Couldn't Reach Lewis to Hire Him Because He Dropped Phone in Toilet
I remember hearing that story years ago, probably 2004 or 2005. I thought it was funny back then but knowing what we do now... Maybe we should have taken that as an omen and just hired Coughlin LOL

Ah coach Coughlin... What could have been. For the first few years of Marvin's tenure in Cincy and Coughlin's first few in New York, I thought we made the obvious better hire. I remember constantly teasing my Dad (a big Giants fan) about how they should have tried harder to hire Marvin over Coughlin... 14 years, two Coughlin Super Bowls and 7 one-and-dones with Marvin later...  My Lord, how wrong was I Rolleyes

I loved Marvin Lewis back then. I was ecstatic when we hired him and giddy as a school girl when they drafted my favorite college QB Carson Palmer. If you had told me back then how Marvin's career would have turned out and that he'd still be coaching without a single playoff win... To say I'd call you crazy would be an understatement. But it's reality. A cold, harsh bit of reality.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE - Pat5775 - 09-19-2017, 04:59 PM