Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A look at Bill Lazer's offensive game plan against Green Bay (article)
(09-21-2017, 10:45 AM)treee Wrote: Wait, running backs can run routes out of the backfield besides swings? Color me surprised. LOL

Beat me to it.  I wonder that with the problems Boyd has generating separation thus far, why not have Gio AND Mixon in the backfield on either side of Dalton.   He could pitch it quickly outside to Mixon or have an option to fake the pitch to Mixon and slide Gio out the other direction for a quick pass.  

It will take better blocking at the WR position than we have had thus far as well.  

But if you are going to do a lot of quick, short, stuff, you absolutely must take a few deep shots early to loosen up the defense.  Core?  I would hope so.  Should be single covered opposite AJ.  I know Ross is out so it has to be Core.  He can do it.  

I remember hearing from Harbaugh in Baltimore (when they were really good) that they wanted to take at least 5 deep shots a game. 

2nd and 1, 1st and 10, 1st and 5 off of penalty...these are the desired times to air it out...not 3rd and 10 and throwing in to a hornets nest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A look at Bill Lazer's offensive game plan against Green Bay (article) - SHRacerX - 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM