Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, our OL is that bad - It's not your imagination
(10-16-2017, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: You mean like when some of us thought Zampese should have never been promoted to OC in the first place?  Or that he should have been fired after last season?  Or how about those of us that said Ced O and Fish were not ready?  Or maybe the ones calling out Alexander for wanting them, and Blodine, and then not coaching any of the three up were the fickle idiots?

From the Zampese hiring thread:

Quote:Shake n Blake

Don't love it, don't hate it. It does feel like settling though. If Zampese were a good candidate, why wasn't he hired instead of Jay or Hue?

At least it's not Paul Alexander or Bratkowski.

Quote:Wyche

Swell.....one of the Merry Band of Tenured Bums. Mellow

Quote:Wes Mantooth

I find it a bit odd that in 12 years of being a QB coach he was never lured away to be an OC.  And 2e had an opportunity to promote him both in 2010 and 2014.  Yet we passed him over.  Why?  

I'm guessing this hire was based more on the idea that this franchise is run like a Mom and Pop hardware store than them actually reviewing all the potential candidates, and determining that Ken Zampese has the most potential for success.

Quote:GodFather

You read everywhere how Tom House really helped Andy in the offseason with his mechanics, etc. I never hear how great of a job Zampese is doing. This is another classic example of laziness in the front office

Quote:GreenCornBengal

I've always thought he was a POS, so it will be interesting to see if my opinion translates onto the field.

Not happy about this hire.

Smirk

Plus all the other things you mention. Plus being right about Marvin and Mike all these years. Plus being right about "model model" being a load of horse ****. I'm not much for gloating, but in all my years on these boards, I've been right FAR more often than I've been wrong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yes, our OL is that bad - It's not your imagination - Shake n Blake - 10-16-2017, 02:50 PM