Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP 10 List of QBs around the league
(05-17-2015, 10:49 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Its ok, like I said before everyone has different opinions. You still try to ignore information or leave out facts. I understand. Stats are stats. You can't choose to ignore them because it doesnt fit your agenda. I consider QBR and entire frame work of stats. QBR is sometimes flawd. So you can't use that ONLY.
Romo has put up great numbers over the years. His kryptonite is 4th quarter and playoffs where he becomes Andy Dalton. Using you FAVORITE stat. Look at Romo's QBR in the 4th quarter. Also he has thrown more 4th quarter INTs than any other QB.

Manning's drop off really didn't show until December last season. Maybe the cold weather got to his neck. It was more than his quad. He had no strength, zip, accuracy the last 5 games. But yeah your "favorite"  QBR evaluation he was tearing it up.

Lol Earlier you said "we are talking now" yet you keep bring up how Flacco performed early in his career??! Ignoring the last 5.
Go back and re-read. Most of records I brought up were not just wins.
I see your are one of those people that just try to discredit everything any player you may not like.

It's not just passer rating. I was using that because it is the easiest to look up and understand. Luck is behind these guys in Y/A, Any/A, passer rating, completion percentage, etc. I value all of these efficiency stats over pure yards/TDs because those stats suck. Sometimes people simply throw the ball more.

Lol what? Romo has the second highest 4th quarter passer rating of ALL TIME, behind only Aaron Rodgers so I have no idea if actually bothered to look that up. If you only include the regular season he has the highest passer rating of all time in the fourth and over the past three years has the most game winning drives in the NFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-04/tony-romo-fourth-quarter-comeback-clutch-cowboys-lions-nfl-playoffs-nfc-wild-card-jerry-jones-stats-numbers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december

Manning did look bad in the last few games, but I'm just not ready to completely write him off as he is one of the greatest QBs of all time and had an injury last year. If he is healthy, I think he will lead Luck in all the the efficiency stats yet again. Luck may get there, but who knows so let's not crown the kid yet.

The ONLY reason I was talking about Flacco's past and not right now is because YOU listed a ton of career accomplishments to make a point of how great Flacco has been since he entered the league. I was just pointing out that those records were purely team records that had nothing to do with how well he played. It was sort of a tangential debate we were having.

"Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Flacco has the most road playoff wins in NFL history (7), two more than the New York Giants’ Eli Manning.
Flacco has the second-best playoff winning percentage (.714) of any quarterback (with a minimum of 10 starts) in the league. Manning is at .727 (8-3). It’s sixth-best all-time, trailing only legends Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Manning.
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips."

You are telling me these stats aren't about wins? The only stats that talked about his performance were over the last few years, where I admitted he has been great.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TOP 10 List of QBs around the league - MrRager - 05-17-2015, 02:17 PM