Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP 10 List of QBs around the league
(05-17-2015, 02:17 PM)MrRager Wrote: It's not just passer rating. I was using that because it is the easiest to look up and understand. Luck is behind these guys in Y/A, Any/A, passer rating, completion percentage, etc. I value all of these efficiency stats over pure yards/TDs because those stats suck. Sometimes people simply throw the ball more.

Lol what? Romo has the second highest 4th quarter passer rating of ALL TIME, behind only Aaron Rodgers so I have no idea if actually bothered to look that up. If you only include the regular season he has the highest passer rating of all time in the fourth and over the past three years has the most game winning drives in the NFL.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-04/tony-romo-fourth-quarter-comeback-clutch-cowboys-lions-nfl-playoffs-nfc-wild-card-jerry-jones-stats-numbers

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december

Manning did look bad in the last few games, but I'm just not ready to completely write him off as he is one of the greatest QBs of all time and had an injury last year. If he is healthy, I think he will lead Luck in all the the efficiency stats yet again. Luck may get there, but who knows so let's not crown the kid yet.

The ONLY reason I was talking about Flacco's past and not right now is because YOU listed a ton of career accomplishments to make a point of how great Flacco has been since he entered the league. I was just pointing out that those records were purely team records that had nothing to do with how well he played. It was sort of a tangential debate we were having.

"Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Flacco has the most road playoff wins in NFL history (7), two more than the New York Giants’ Eli Manning.
Flacco has the second-best playoff winning percentage (.714) of any quarterback (with a minimum of 10 starts) in the league. Manning is at .727 (8-3). It’s sixth-best all-time, trailing only legends Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Manning.
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips."

You are telling me these stats aren't about wins? The only stats that talked about his performance were over the last few years, where I admitted he has been great.
I tend to value all stats simply because sometimes QBR can be misleading. Quarterback A throws three straight passes, completing them each for three yards. Plugging three completions, nine yards, three attempts, zero touchdowns, and zero interceptions into the equation above, and you get a quarterback rating of 97.92, which is a very good rating.
Quarterback B throws three straight passes, the first two land incomplete, and the third is caught for a 30 yard gain. Putting those numbers into the equation, you get a quarterback rating of 71.53. In the first situation, the offense is now facing fourth down, where in the second the ball just went 30 yards down field.

The first quarterback has a rating of an all pro, while the second has the rating of someone fighting for their job.

With your "efficiency" stats Romo's QBR drops To a below average 44 in the final three mins. Hence the reason for the most INTs in the 4th when tied or leading by 7 or fewer.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/how-bad-is-tony-romo-in-the-clutch/
Again no one is crowning Luck the best. But IMO he's is one of the best right now. We will see if Manning holds up. I think this will be his last season. After breaking Farves record.

Now you are trying to cherry pick. You just listed THREE (not a ton) of stats YOU consider "team" stats.

Hard to find a QB with better performances than Flacco over the past FIVE seasons (not two) Most games with 95+ QBR (your favorite stat). Flacco has 20 touchdowns and just three interceptions during that time.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TOP 10 List of QBs around the league - Bmoreblitz - 05-17-2015, 07:13 PM