Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB
(05-15-2015, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ok, even if I accept your premise at face-value Dalton only had a shot for a single playoff game and he posted 3 TOs to 1 TD and lost at home.  That's my point...it's not ALL Dalton's fault, but it's hard to use the following excuses:

2011 - he was a rookie and/or he had "no help" according to you (how much help is needed to beat TJ Yates?)
2012 - they didn't let him throw to AJ
2013 - who knows
2014 - everyone was hurt

All I'm saying is that he had what could be considered optimal conditions against the Chargers and he still stunk.  So are we saying all Dalton needs are optimal conditions for a playoff win every time and he might win one eventually?  That's my point.  I'm not saying cut him, I'm not saying Palmer would have won a playoff game by now, but I'm saying that it's hard to believe all these things are keeping him down when he still fails when those excuses aren't present.

Why do people always think it's QB vs QB in games? Yates didn't do shit that game. It was all the run game / defense that won Houston that game. Also if you think that "optimal conditions" are his OL being decimated (and played HORRIBLY), and the defense not being able to stop the run if their life depended on it... then yeah he did. Dalton didn't play bad in the chargers game until everything else was falling apart around him. Yeah he still didn't play well, but Dalton has never had "optimal conditions" any playoff game he played in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB - Brownshoe - 05-15-2015, 11:24 PM