Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB
(05-19-2015, 02:50 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The point is Dalton isn't the only one to blame. He hasn't had any help what so ever in any playoff game, and it wouldn't have mattered who we had out there at QB. If the OL gives up 12 sacks, and we have no talent to throw the ball to how is he going to win games? Then on top of that the defense plays like a bottom ranked defense during the playoffs only getting 4 sacks and 2 TO and letting other teams run the ball for 150+ yards a game.

I understand that Andy isn't the only one to blame.

Remember how everyone used to get mad when all of the threads about the defense, WRs, RBs, etc. would get turned into blaming Andy? Do you realize that the exact opposite is just as obnoxious?

If I say "Andy played poorly in all 4 playoff games, we really need him to play better" in an Andy thread, I don't need some jagoff running in to tell me how bad the run defense was too. I get it, the defense wasn't great either, but that's not what the thread is about so go make a thread about the playoff defense if you want to talk about it. I'll gladly come in and ***** about the defense as well. I'm not excusing their performances, I'm just talking about Andy in an Andy thread, and I think it's dumb to start playing the blame game instead of giving him his share of it as well.

I understand that we have guys biased against Andy here, but if that annoys you so much maybe you shouldn't act exactly like them except with an opinion on the other side of the extremist fence.

I brought it up in the other thread, but you really need to lay off the whole part of excusing Andy for the 4 playoff losses if you're going to keep giving him credit for the 40 wins. You can't say "ANDY won 40 games" and "the TEAM lost the 4 playoff games". Wouldn't you get pissed if somebody said "the TEAM won 40 games, but ANDY lost the 4 playoff games!"? Exactly, so cut it out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB - djs7685 - 05-19-2015, 08:36 AM