Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB
(05-19-2015, 01:52 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If that was the case then the team with the best QB will always win. That would mean Aaron Rodgers would win the SB almost every year. That would also mean that great QBs would never have losing years, yet great QBs have losing years all the time. It's obvious you just underestimate how important other positions are.

That's not true at all.

The fact that the best QB in the NFL's team doesn't win the SB every year doesn't disprove the theory that QB is the most important position on the field. I don't know how you could even say that with a straight face. The NFL is absolutely a team game which is why I don't put W/L on QBs, but even I will admit that having a great QB will likely help a team much more than having a great OLB.

Here are the QBs that played in the conference championships over the last 10 years.

Brady, Wilson, Rodgers, Luck
P. Manning, Brady, Wilson, Kaepernick
Flacco, Brady, Ryan, Kaepernick
A. Smith, Flacco, Brady, E. Manning
Sanchez, Cutler, Roethlisberger, Rodgers
Favre, Brees, Sanchez, P. Manning
Flacco, McNabb, Warner, Roethlisberger
E. Manning, Favre, Brady, Rivers
Brees, Brady, P. Manning, Grossman
Delhomme, Plummer, Hasselbeck, Roethlisberger (lol @ this year)

Don't forget that while Flacco and Eli aren't the best regular season QBs, they're known as a couple of the best postseason QBs in history.

If you have an upper tier QB or a QB that plays like one in the playoffs, you usually have a much better shot at making it somewhere than if you don't. This list proves that you CAN win with an average QB, but it also shows that it probably helps to have one that can put up a 70+ passer rating in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB - djs7685 - 05-20-2015, 10:21 AM