Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price is how we compete next year
(12-04-2017, 08:14 AM)kevin Wrote: I don't agree or disagree on Ohio State center, but Mike Brown and Family need to start appreciating O Linemen if we are ever going to win.  Paul Brown and Forrest Gregg should have showed this family what a great O Line can do in the 1980's.   Myself, I would use a top pick on a top Left Tackle since Ogbuehi and others stink so bad at left tackle.  I think the book on Ogbuehi was to put him at right tackle in the NFL anyway.  Odds are we will have a pick in the upper part of the draft, and with Whitworth gone, we STINK at Left Tackle.  I doubt there is an Anthony Munoz in the draft but we must try to get the closet player to a Munoz i the draft at Left Tackle. .....I do agree that much improvement needed at guard and center and no guarantee Ogbhuehi or Fisher can play right tackle. Those may be wasted awful top draft picks.  Brown Family needs to get their heads out of their rear ends and stop drafting all these finesse players and get some blockers in here this 2018 draft.

As a rule, Top Left Tackles go early, and we NEED left tackle BAD....and it's not unusual to find the best center or guard still on the board early in round 2. ....and already Bengal Fans will be moaning at the idea of picks 1 AND 2 on O Line...but people....our O Line STINKS....and I would use the first 5 picks on O Line if I thought we would end up with 5 guys that can play O Line in 2018.  We have the worst blocking in the NFL and I would not hesitate to draft across the board to replace the stiffs we have.

So I'll go with your Ohio State center in round 2, if he is the best and if he is still on the board.  Of course we could use a top guard to replace Zeitler, and that would be a good pick in 2 also....Maybe we get an extra 2 for McCarron and we can draft Left Tackle in 1, and a center and a guard in 2, because looking at the 2017 O Line, we can use all the help we can get. Of course the average Bengal Fan will want finesse players here like Mike Brown and we will stay weak in the trenches and no chance for play-off wins.

Draft Which ever one you cant get in free agency
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy price is how we compete next year - XenoMorph - 12-04-2017, 11:09 AM