Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price is how we compete next year
(12-04-2017, 12:41 PM)kevin Wrote: Orlando Brown has started all games in 2017 at Left Tackle for Oklahoma and he dominated, I repeat, he dominated THE ohio state buckeyes.....CBS Sports has him as an early projection to be the first tackle taken in first round in top 5 picks. ....Next on the list is Kolton Miller at Left Tackle for UCLA. CBS Sports has him in first round in Top 15. 

I won't go any lower than 15 because Bengals will be drafting and the need for Left Tackle demands Orlando Brown from Oklahoma or Kolton Miller from UCLA.   You draft Left Tackle early in Round One because it is such a high priority.  Hopefully you get an Anthony Munoz that mans the left tackle spot the next 10 years and so you don't regret the high pick.  So you bring in Brown or Miller who actually are Left Tackles and you move Ogbuehi back to his Right Tackle spot.  You don't say, " Oh, but there is a good running back or a good wide receiver on the boards. NO. We are in dire need of a Left Tackle.  We got lucky that Whitworth moved from left guard to left tackle as well as he did. It's time to draft a left tackle as we did with Munoz or Levi Jones.  Brown and if not Brown, then Miller.   ...Orlando Brown won best lineman in Big 12 award last year and look for him to be best lineman NCAA this year.  Add an award winning dominating Left Tackle in Brown and don't hesitate, don't question it. Our need of improving our blocking is too great.

Ogbuehi should not be moved back to RT. If he's moved, it needs to be to G.

And regarding Orlando Brown, many believe he's not equipped to be a LT in the NFL but rather a stud RT. However, I think it helps to have Mixon on the team, as he played with Brown, so I think Mixon's input would factor into a decision.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy price is how we compete next year - ochocincos - 12-04-2017, 12:57 PM