Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price is how we compete next year
(12-04-2017, 10:58 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mcglichey is pretty damn good..worthy of high pick.. 1st rounder.
He's good against bull rush and leverage rushers. But dude is like ogbuehi bad against speed rushers. And while pff sucks at grading olineman he dropped from a 93 grade first year to a 55 last 2 years due to speed rushers consistently beating him.
(12-04-2017, 11:50 AM)3wt Wrote: Price will go too late for us to take him in the first round and he won't be there when we pick in the 2nd.  And we will win too much to qualify for Quentin Nelson - the best lineman in the draft - who we would probably not draft that high even if he is there because he's a guard.

I mean for me the dream draft would be to solidify our interior - Nelson and Price.   But we will not be drafting either of them.   We will end up with a tackle in the 2nd round and an interior lineman in the 3 or 4th round.  I have no idea who they will draft in the first round.  Still a possibility of one of the tackles if we draft after 15.  But it will be a conditional BPA - i.e not a guard, center, DT or safety.   Hurst might be a possibility, but not likely.  Too small to take that high.
1. That's why I want to trade back to low 20s and get price. 2. Nelson isn't the best lineman in the draft Hernandez is out of utep.. it's not close. Dude will be an all pro within 2 years.
3.if we don't trade down then Derwin James needs to be the pick.
(12-04-2017, 03:45 PM)3wt Wrote: I think I'm with you on going another year with Og.   I don't think the tackles in this draft will be good enough, but I think there are guards we can take and I too like Price.   My only concern is if he can handle NFL bull rushes.  It will be interesting to see where Price ends up being slotted in the draft.   If Price is good enough I say that's where you start.  If we can get a 2nd rounder for AJM maybe we can trade back into the first and end up with two really good linemen.

I definitely think solidifying the interior would be the best way to start - both for the running game and building a pocket.
If we could get price at like 22, then trade the 2 second rounders to trade back up to like 26-29 and get the best guard in the draft will hernandez, that would be amazing. Also wouldn't hate drafting 2 guards in this draft. Bookings okay but he's only average and this is a amazing guard draft. Price just dominated a top 10-15 pick in mo Hurst all game. He can definitely handle the bill rush no question. The play for me was when against msu on a dive play he knocked the dlineman on his ass moved into the lb and knocked him on his ass and then blcoked the safety to get a 90 yard td. That was the play where I was like I want him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy price is how we compete next year - Jpoore - 12-04-2017, 05:54 PM