Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Peko still on the team?
(08-07-2015, 01:08 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: Peko is a sub par NT. That said Pat Sims and Brandon Thompson are the only viable options we have on the roster to replace him at NT. If anyone honestly believes that we would be better off cutting Peko and rolling with either of them as the starter we aren't watching the same team. The same can be said for Hall. He will take over as #3 CB in a similar roll to Chris Crocker. Pacman, Dre, and DD will roll through on the outside and hall will be asked to cover TEs and RBs.

As to the cost. Hall is done here after this year. We can't justify keeping that cost for and aging CB. Maybe he resigns for a huge paycut but otherwise he is no longer in stripes. Peko still has one more year after this one. I expect we start looking for a true NT in next years draft and after 2016 we show him the same door we show Hall at the end of this season. The front office likes honoring the full extent of their contracts and it is something the players appreciate. No chance either is let go due to salary concerns. Neither is bad enough to warrant replacement by someone on our roster currently.

BengalDawg

I wouldn't call Peko subpar, but he's no star either. 

I like Hall.  He's a savy vet that is at the right place at the right time.  I agree that having him is a luxury (at his salary level), but the Bengals keep their dead money low.  So, they can have that luxury.  He's probably gone at season's end, but if we make a run, I'd rather have him than not, just from a depth standpoint.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - Utts - 08-07-2015, 03:06 AM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - Au165 - 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - jason - 08-06-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - J24 - 08-07-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - Crowe - 08-07-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - jj22 - 08-07-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Why is Peko still on the team? - EatonFan - 08-07-2015, 01:40 PM