Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals v. Steelers Must See TV
(12-10-2017, 01:12 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Bengal fan here.

Love to read all the smack and very rarely reply within this forum.  Aside from the Bengals not winning any of these games the last couple of years I have to say the games between these 2 teams are generally must see tv.  I hate to see anybody get hurt, especially to the level of Shazier's injury, but these 2 teams when they play each other play the game the way it's supposed to be played:  very physical, great athletes, we used to call these games "slobber knockers".

The current NFL is missing this type of action on a weekly basis.  It's what made me love the game so much.  Today's game for the most part is not the same football I grew up with and it's really starting to turn me off, save for a few games a year, generally AFC North games, and maybe the occasional Bears/Packers game (but even still they don't hold a candle to the AFC North).

Not a big Steelers fan but do respect how they play, and how the Bengals generally play against them.  Look for another prime time game in 2018.  The NFL loves it too, although Godell and his goons would never admit to it.  If sedate Marvin finally gets shown the door maybe we'll start winning some of these games again!

My issue is the Shazier injury had nothing to do with anything a Bengal's player did, yet the talking heads use it as a reference comparing the cheap shot delivered by JuJU Schuster. The games next year will be interesting. Will Bengals be smart enough to send someone else after JuJu, Bell or AB to atone for the Burfict hit? Will the Bengals ignore the rants of karma by Brown walking off the field and then while JuJu was doing his fake apology?

You are correct, must see TV to see what happens in 2018. It has become more than just a football game, it has become very personal for fans and players.

As for Shazier, the dummy did it to himself trying one more time to use his head as a weapon so hard to feel any empathy or sympathy for a guy with a history of using the head as a weapon as he did in 2015 against Gio. No one wished it on him. Let's hope he can walk again and have a normal life outside of football maybe teaching others about his own stupidity and helping others avoid injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals v. Steelers Must See TV - Daddy-O - 12-10-2017, 01:12 PM
RE: Bengals v. Steelers Must See TV - Luvnit2 - 12-10-2017, 01:32 PM