Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little guitar playing
(12-25-2017, 06:45 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is exactly how I learned and progressed. I wish I had the internet/Youtube back when I started though. It would have improved my playing much more rapidly.

I also want to add that your playing will improve if you dedicate actual amounts of time to it. Also you'll play more naturally by watching TV while playing. It develops muscle memory without straining your mind on concentration.

One of the best compliments I've ever had is that when I play it "looks so effortless".

I contribute that to the whole fact that flow and muscle memory are important.  Not just playing the notes and losing the enjoyment of performance because of being tense or over concentrating.

When I was 18-19 years old I met the best guitarist I've known personally. Just that natural type. He'd went to the Berkeley school of music. He was sick. I could basically strum chords, and read tabs. He would let me play with him, all the while telling me that I was pretty good. He, another novice, and myself would get together over the next few years, and jam AC/DC songs on 2 guitars, a drum kit, and a mic. My playing just gradually improved. I don't think I would've gotten as far by myself.

Sadly now, I have a young child, and don't play as much as I'd like... It comes back pretty quickly though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
A little guitar playing - Bengalzona - 12-19-2017, 09:34 AM
RE: A little guitar playing - McC - 12-19-2017, 02:15 PM
RE: A little guitar playing - jason - 12-25-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: A little guitar playing - jason - 12-25-2017, 09:51 PM
RE: A little guitar playing - CB3UK - 12-25-2017, 08:08 PM