Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Technology Destroy Logistics Companies?
(12-22-2017, 02:29 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: To me the real threat is when AI starts replacing lower/mid-level management.  Then I no longer need a logistics coordinator.

Very true. AI learns from its mistakes also. I seen some pretty interesting stuff regarding AI. Not scary, but encouraging IMO. As some fear drivers may not be needed in the future, although I can't realistically see it happening in my lifetime, it would be a plus. Although, the shock to the economy of now unskilled workers would be difficult on the economy. Drivers are a good asset today but many have become very needy and demanding. In some ways that's understood because some have been abused by the industry for so long. However, the new ELD mandate which took effect 12-18 has removed the capabilities of log book falsification and has leveled the playing field. You no longer will have "super drivers." You know, the ones that make miracles happen? Basically because they are no longer able to do so. 

The ELD mandate makes the self driving truck all the more enticing to owners of larger companies. Having a successful fleet of these would be like having team drivers in every truck. On paper, that's going to be huge to revenue generation. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will Technology Destroy Logistics Companies? - HarleyDog - 12-23-2017, 10:06 AM