Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
(01-06-2018, 02:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I purchased season tickets (for the first time since 2006 -  when I had to buy a COA at the time) just this past season around July. They did not charge for a COA. It wasn't even an option as I had asked about the COA to understand costs. I had my choice of where I wanted to sit without purchasing one as long as those tickets hadn't been already sold. Club seats are the most expensive and they had a ton of outstanding seats to choose from as well as lower bowl seats.

The COA is worthless and has been virtually non-existent in 2012 according to my ticket rep, whom I called yesterday to confirm the above. I also asked to make sure that, should I choose, I had first right of refusal on renewing my seats.... I do, regardless on if a COA holder wants them or not. The COA was given or "comped" to me by the Bengals when I purchased my season tickets.

The COA/PSL racket has been out of a lot of a lot of stadiums across multiple sports for years. The people who paid into them are left with a virtually worthless bill of goods..... Especially at PBS, where season ticket holders have left in droves and it will be scorched Earth season ticket wise after this Marvin rehire. Why do you think they stopped charging for COAs to begin with? Just because there are websites brokering them, doesn't mean that it's a viable asset or that people actually by them. One call to the Bengals would stop anyone from buy a COA unless someone was occupying seats they HAD to have and they wanted to buy those specific seats from them.... Unlikely.

Regardless of you and I'm different outlook on COAs, no one should be upset at you choosing to buy tickets. If you enjoy going to the games and supporting the Bengals financially, that is awesome that you do so! I want the Bengals to do well and for my fellow fans to enjoy the as much as possible!

I'm not sure what to make of this.  Are you arguing that the COA market I linked you to doesn't really exist? The sales data is right there.  Seats in my section and row have sold for over $1000 in the last six months.   Do you imagine that people buying COAs there never bothered to find out what was available through the ticket office?  Yes, there's no question that Bengals COAs are at all time low.  Probably only the top 10% of seats are worth anything and those don't trade often.

I think you're missing the point here.  I don't doubt that the tickets that you got in July would be worthless, or that they deferred (not comped) your COA.  The OP and others have claimed to be cancelling tickets that they purchased a decade or more ago.  Those people did pay COAs and if they've upgraded at all during the successive waves of people trying to teach Mike Brown a lesson, they may have good seats.

Even if they're not good enough to be worth something on the COA market, if they're at all good seats they'll resell and probably to a ticket broker.  That's been the biggest impact of all these "lessons" - more and more of the good seats held by ticket brokers.  

That's why in spite of having one of the best records in the NFL in this decade our stadium atmosphere has never been as good as it was in the previous decade.

The problem with the notion that you're going to prove a point by cancelling your tickets is that Mike Brown already knows that he just needs to win games to sell tickets.  He just doesn't agree with the things that you think he needs to do to win games. 

People can do what they want with their money and I don't fault anyone who doesn't enjoy going to games anymore for not renewing their tickets.  I do think it's pretty sad that people are so caught up in this whole echo chamber of everyone else's opinion that they can't even enjoy a winning season without being butt-clinched the whole time about what's going to happen when they go to the playoffs.

You know what, I just rethought all of this and changed my mind.   

It's very important for anyone who has midfield seats in the first few rows on any level to cancel their season tickets RIGHT NOW.  That's the only way Mike Brown is ever going to get the message!  We need you people to step up and prove that you are real men who demand nothing short of World Championship excellence for your prime seat location game experience!

Dude with the Bengals hard hat and the big foam fingers, THIS MEANS YOU TOO!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season Tickets Have Been Canceled.... - Roland - 01-07-2018, 05:34 AM