Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander was "in charge of the run game"
(01-06-2018, 03:54 AM)treee Wrote: Well now we can say definitively why our run game has sucked for over a decade.

I always blamed PA for the run game woes, but yeah this definitely makes it more clear.

(01-06-2018, 09:44 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Probably the only good move this off season.

I'm waiting to see who they hire in his place before I call it a good move. This is the franchise that hired PA in the first place (and kept him 24 years) after all.

It is a positive sign that they're taking their sweet time. Hopefully that means plenty of external hires to replace Guenther, Urban and PA.

(01-06-2018, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean the run game is kind of a product of the offensive line, so it makes sense.

Not sure what that means by "in charge of the run game". He wasn't calling plays or coaching the running backs. He was simply in charge of the o line.

Regardless, he still sucked at his job.

I took that to mean he has control over the run blocking scheme, and doesn't answer to the OC...who is usually in charge of that sort of thing.

This is obviously speculation, but it looks like Marv got tired of the poor run production and let Lazor change the run blocking scheme mid-season. This would explain the sudden surge in production and PA's prompt firing after the season. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paul Alexander was "in charge of the run game" - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2018, 12:37 PM