Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor and Lewis want a fast paced style
(01-09-2018, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My response would be if Lewis wanted that style, who was keeping them from doing it before?

Call me a Negative Nancy, but I'm not buying all these changes these coaches are preaching until I see some evidence in the offseason.
What was keeping him from doing it before was his entire game philosophy, which was get up a score or two and then play ultra-conservative.

My only problem with this is Marvin needs to know when to run this and when to slow it down and go to a huddle.  If we're up two scores or a score, then you don't want to go ultra-conservative in a run-only mode, but you also don't want to run hurry-up and leave time on the clock.  First downs milk the clock.  

Another example would be at the end of the first half and we're driving because, sure, we want to score, but we also don't want to go three and out or even get a first down or two but do it so fast that the other team has time on the clock to put together a drive of their own.

This makes me nervous  Nervous
(01-09-2018, 04:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Allow me to help them: go to a No Huddle Offense. Dalton has shown he is more than capable of thriving in the No Huddle.
See above.  I agree that we need to do it some, but we can't do it all the time and, with Marvin's failures to make in-game adjustments, I'd rather us not do it if we're not going to huddle up sometimes (some entire drives when we need to slow the game or control the clock).
(01-09-2018, 05:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bad news for the Defense.

Chip Kelly killed his defenses. Everywhere he went. That's one reason why his system doesn't work. Fast paced offense sound good until you go 3 and out and then the D is back on the field after less then 1 minute (off the play clock).

Chip Kellys' D's are pretty much done come the 4th quarter. Hopefully there was a lesson learned during his time with him.
Like I said, I'm PRAYING that we don't do it all the time.

I'm going to make it a priority to go to training camp to tell that to Marvin and Dalton because I'm sure they'd value the opinion of a cripple  ThumbsUp

Hilarious
(01-09-2018, 05:53 PM)McC Wrote: You don't go no huddle or hurry up until you get a first down.  Problem solved.

That's a good theory, and you also don't have to run it all game every series.  It's good to be able to switch it up a bit.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lazor and Lewis want a fast paced style - BFritz21 - 01-09-2018, 06:13 PM