Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor and Lewis want a fast paced style
(01-09-2018, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What was keeping him from doing it before was his entire game philosophy, which was get up a score or two and then play ultra-conservative.

My only problem with this is Marvin needs to know when to run this and when to slow it down and go to a huddle.  If we're up two scores or a score, then you don't want to go ultra-conservative in a run-only mode, but you also don't want to run hurry-up and leave time on the clock.  First downs milk the clock.  

Another example would be at the end of the first half and we're driving because, sure, we want to score, but we also don't want to go three and out or even get a first down or two but do it so fast that the other team has time on the clock to put together a drive of their own.

This makes me nervous  Nervous
See above.  I agree that we need to do it some, but we can't do it all the time and, with Marvin's failures to make in-game adjustments, I'd rather us not do it if we're not going to huddle up sometimes (some entire drives when we need to slow the game or control the clock).
Like I said, I'm PRAYING that we don't do it all the time.

I'm going to make it a priority to go to training camp to tell that to Marvin and Dalton because I'm sure they'd value the opinion of a cripple  ThumbsUp

Hilarious

That's a good theory, and you also don't have to run it all game every series.  It's good to be able to switch it up a bit.

This is my point. Are we really to expect Marvin is JUST coming to this realization that the offense was slow-paced? Or is it more likely Marvin is saying these things but will ultimately go back to his same old ways because it's ingrained in his approach after 15 years? I'm leaning the latter.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lazor and Lewis want a fast paced style - ochocincos - 01-10-2018, 11:12 AM