Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals casting a wide net to fill Oline position
(01-10-2018, 02:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I don't know...With Redmond and Westerman getting their first shots and Boling playing LT, the line started to do more drive and less slide blocking in the run game and they had two consecutive 100 yard rushers.  

I think a lot of it was the scheme.  And the stupid coaches not playing the more talented players.  

I like Steve but i don't know how anyone couldn't put most all of the blame on PA. He is the one who hand picked
those players, he is the guy that ran that zone blocking scheme, he is the guy that tried to put square pegs in a
round hole when he picked players like Bodine who don't fit this scheme and couldn't coach his players up.

And Lazor is the one who finally changed from this scheme and we saw a bit of improvement.

I put the not starting the more talented players on both Marv and PA, has happened a lot here over the years.

Hopefully Lazor and the new O-line coach have better eye for talent and are allowed to start said players.

(01-10-2018, 02:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like Harding from the standpoint of what he has done with his talent.  The Broncos (at least in the past) got the more athletic linemen and did a lot of zone blocking schemes with pulling guards.  I don't think  that would be our strength.  That might have changed recently, though, as far as Denver goes.

Aggressive directional blocking is clearly what Lazor likes to run and Harding definately fits this better than the Broncos OLC.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals casting a wide net to fill Oline position - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-10-2018, 02:52 PM