Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Livingston promoted to DB coach
(01-10-2018, 01:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agree. Iloka and Williams have both been solid. Pro Bowl level? No.
I think many people look at Reggie Nelson as where the safeties need to be, but when looking back at Reggie's years in Cincy, he really only had one dominant year (2015), 2-3 good years, and the rest solid. He wasn't a perennial elite All-Pro like some make him out to be on these boards.
With that said, I don't think it would hurt for the Bengals to consider looking for another safety that might be able to cause more turnovers.

I think Iloka is that man.

Williams is great at stopping the run, on the occasional blitz and has shown he can cover TEs decently. WRs though, Iloka (and Nelson, as you pointed out) is on another level.

I agree they need a ballhawing safety to play deep on 3rd downs and the like, but maybe they feel Shaw is that guy?

Its why I wish they had Derron Smith still.

Fedejelem is just like Shawn, but worse in coverage, so he's ina good spot as the 4th guy/teams ace.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Livingston promoted to DB coach - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-10-2018, 02:35 PM