Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
AJ Green Injured? Replaced at the Pro Bowl
The idea of the pro bowl, all star games, etc. became redundant with the advent of free agency and interleague play.
It's to the point where a team can send 5-6 players to the probowl who's contracts have expired and by the time the game is played they've already planned on signing with a different team in a different division in a different conference so team loyalty means exactly nothing.
There was a time when most fans rooted for the conference their team was in, but that's long gone and nobody cares who wins or even plays in the game. It's a beauty contest, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm pretty sure the pro bowl has lost its luster for most of the players as well. It's like getting a trophy for catching the bus on time...or even missing the bus and catching a cab..or just giving up and hitch hiking to their destination.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green Injured? Replaced at the Pro Bowl - grampahol - 01-10-2018, 02:13 PM