Poll: Percentage chance the Bengals win a Playoff game in either of the next 2 seasons. (2018 & 2019)
100% chance they pull it off
76-99% chance
51-75% chance
50/50
26-49% chance
1-25% chance
0% chance they pull it off
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike if they Jump over it
(01-10-2018, 03:09 PM)McC Wrote: To me, you have to set your bar higher than win just one playoff game.  This might have something to do with all the losing.  You have to go in thinking winning this game is just the first step, as opposed to holy shit, we have to win this one playoff game. 

A first round playoff game is not the mountain.  It's just the first hill on the way up the mountain.

I agree with all of that. Players, Coaches and teams will have the higher goals.

This is more about Local Fan perception of what a successful season would be and how it would help Mike & Marvin to jump that bar.

* If the Patriots win one Playoff game this year and then lose - Patriot fans will be pissed.

* If the Bengals had won 1 Playoff game this year and then lost - Bengal fans would be much happier than the Patriot fans above.

Similarly;

* If Bill Belichick talks about winning a Super Bowl in 2018 - people listen

* If Marvin talks about winning a Super Bowl in 2018 - he is taken less seriously than Bill above.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike i... - depthchart - 01-10-2018, 04:12 PM