Poll: Percentage chance the Bengals win a Playoff game in either of the next 2 seasons. (2018 & 2019)
100% chance they pull it off
76-99% chance
51-75% chance
50/50
26-49% chance
1-25% chance
0% chance they pull it off
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike if they Jump over it
(01-11-2018, 05:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: It is an indictment of the Football aptitude of the Bengal Organization.

Not a Final measure of Ultimate success.

Winning a Playoff game would make the 2018 season the most successful season in the Mike Brown era spanning nearly 3 decades.

Fans would mark it as the Pinnacle of success so far for Mike & Marvin.

Never once said that Bengal fans should consider a Playoff victory a "success" but that they would.

That is the sad state Bengal fans are in and thus the indictment.

As you imply, that euphoria will die down after that Playoff win and the expectations bar will finally get raised. As it will in Buffalo.

Until then, Mike & Marvin can "Shock" the City of Cincinnati with a Playoff win and thus the "low bar".

No ill will intended toward you, but we'll continue to disagree on some of these things.

I will concede this much.  If Marvin wins a Conference Championship, he will have equaled the highest level of success ever seen by this organization.  That would at least change some of the negative media connotation about his tenure with the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike i... - SunsetBengal - 01-11-2018, 06:11 PM