Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals / Chargers Playoff Game
(01-10-2018, 06:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: 37 years ago! 

Happy anniversary!

(01-10-2018, 07:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was a couple months before i turned 16. My Dad and I left out that morning to go to a couple bars (ahhh, the good ole days) to watch the game--where he was going to meet a couple of his buddies. 

I remember, as soon as i stepped out the front door, the moisture in my nose and eyes froze instantly. Then he couldn't get the van started. By the time he finally got it started and we got to the bar, it was right before halftime. So we (they) promptly decided to go to another bar in Latonia that they suspected would be less crowded. 

I don't recall exactly how much of that game i got to see live, but i don't think it was a lot. Big Grin

Man, that brings back memories. I was 14 during the '81 season. My old man had taken me to my first two games ever that year. That playoff game was the 3rd. I remember not wanting to go because it was so damn cold, but it was important to him to have this father and son braving the elements kind of experience.  Even with all the layers I had on, I remember vividly sitting there freezing my ass off and looking at my old man thinking, "this is some damn child abuse shit right here".  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals / Chargers Playoff Game - GMDino - 01-10-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: Bengals / Chargers Playoff Game - Erudite Stoner - 01-11-2018, 02:52 PM